Because of my own challenges in life I became interested in psychotherapy, and the more I studied the more passionate I became about the ability of psychotherapy to support people at the most vulnerable times in their lives, and facilitate healing.
I was born in the Netherlands and immigrated to Australia in 2005 where I fell in love with the country’s wild nature, as well as my partner in life, my husband. In 2018 we moved back to the Netherlands where I continued my practice, working with Dutch as well as international clients. In February 2022 we moved back to the wide open blue skies of Australia where I once again set up my practice in Sydney (Brookvale).
- Bachelor degree in Counselling (2016) (the Australian College of Applied Psychology), and have specialised in trauma-informed therapy models:
- Advanced Training for Trauma Treatment of Complex PTSD (2020) (the Arizona Trauma Institute).
- Brainspotting® Phase One (2016) (Brainspotting AustralAsia Pacific)
- Somatic Experiencing® level II/III (2018) (Somatic Experiencing Australia & New Zealand (in Sydney).
- Brainspotting® Phase Two (2020) (Brainspotting AustralAsia Pacific)
- Brainspotting and Addictions (2018) (Brainspotting AustralAsia Pacific)
- Brainspotting® Parts of the Self (2019) (Brainspotting AustralAsia Pacific)
- Brainspotting Practitioner Certification (2022) (Brainspotting AustralAsia Pacific)
- Attachment and Relationships (2021) (Dr. Martin Appalo)
- Self Compassion and Self Esteem (2020) (Elke Smeets)
- Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy (2022) (Holbeck College)
Knowing yourself is to be rooted in being, instead of lost in your mind -Eckhart Tolle